How to Unlock
- Play 360 Matches.
- Beat Classic Mode with John on Hard or higher difficulty without getting a game over.
A pill house appears out of nowhere, but suddely an explosion occurs and Dr. John bursts from the blast.
Neutral B - Pill Buster
John picks from his left pocket and throws a straight forward pill. The longer you hold the button, the stronger and bigger it gets, the player can move and jump while charging. Also, if you do aerial shots, you can only fire either a small pill or a bigger Pill. There are four stages of charge depending on how long the button is held down for:
Unlike John's X-Buster, the Pill Buster can absorb any attack, but there's a 1/10 chance that will be dropped from the ground and become a healing item (Small pills restores 5%, medium pills restores 15%, and big pills restores 30% of heath).
Side B - Medical Kick
Dr. John peformes a jumping straight forward multi-hit kick, while his leg shocks. It provides less horizontal distance than John's Dragon Kick. But it cannot press the B button again.
Up B - Jetpack
Dr. John equips with a jetpack. You can control the jetpack in 4 directions with the control stick (Up, down, left, and right). The move lasts for 7 seconds, longer than John's.
Down B - Hospital Twister
Dr. John spins around like a tornado with his outstretched fists, before finishing with a full-body stretch to bash opponents at the end. It is a multi-hit attack, and the last hit can meteor smash. By pressing the Special Attack button rapidly, Dr. John would rise up in the air slightly and give him a slight recovery chance.
Final Smash - Final Exam
Dr. John rushes to his opponent, if it connects, he will start doing a combination of punches and kicks, the opponent gets stunned, Dr. John adjusts his tie and his clothes before finishing off with a multi-hitting rising uppercut.
Up: Dr. John spin, and points at the opponent, saying "You will be defeated by medicine!"
Sd: Dr. John brings a pill, tosses upwards, then catches it and places back to his left pocket.
Dn: Dr. John Pats his shoulder with his fist.
Victory 1: Brings his stethoscope, and holds.
Victory 2: Dr. John looks to the camera with his left hand on his back and stroking his chin with his right hand.
Victory 3: Dr. John throws a pill upwards, then catches it and points at the camera, shouting "The doctor is in!"
Lose/Clap: Dr. John claps to the winner.
Classic Mode Win/Lose Pose
Congratulations/Game Over Pictures
Dr. John is simply John in a doctor's uniform who works on the hospital for 13 years before retiring. He fights evil viruses inside on a hospital, equipped with hospital gadgets that can help him defeat the evil Virus Boss. Not much about this character, but he's called "Hero of Medicine" by Doctors.
- AAA Combo- Flash Punch Combo: Is alot slower, and long lag, but stronger than John's.
- Dash Attack- Medical Slide
- Side- Knee Exam: It does not leap unlike John's Cyborg Knee. But it has a sweetspot on the knee.
- Up- Dr. Uppercut
- Down- Surgeon Sweep
- Side- Hospital Road: Rides an ambulance, which has less range, but deals more damage.
- Up- Shoryuken
- Down- Seismic Hammer
- N-Air - Force Exam
- F-Air - Dr. Drop, MD
- B-Air - Surgical Spin: Spins three times, instead of twice. Which makes it even worse, but is alot stronger.
- U-Air - Wheel Cut: It uses a hospital slicer instead of a lightsaber, which is weak and has less hitbox range. Also deals a singel hit, but it has more knockback.
- D-Air - Bone Dive: Has longer start-up, but it deals multiple hits.
- Grab- Point at
- Pummel- Body Exam: Pummels to the stomach.
- Forward- Syringe Shot: The throw deals the same damage, but the syringe deals less than the gun.
- Back- Spine Test: He peforms a suplex before throws backwards, which makes it weaker.
- Up- Stethoscope beat: Uses his stethoscopes instead of punches. It has higher knockback at the end.
- Down- Hospital Bed: Dr. John slams the opponent to the ground.
- Ledge attack: Power Punch
- 100% ledge attack: Quick Punch
- Front attack: Rapid Test
- Back attack: Bicycle Kick
- Trip attack: Circle Exam
Pros & Cons
Differences from John
- Dr. John is overall stronger than John, having higher damage percents on moves such as up tilt, up smash, back aerial, up aerial, forward tilt and all throws.
- Dr. John is overall slower than John
- His first jump does not jump as high as John.
- Up, back, and forward throws do 1% more damage.
- Dr. John's Final Exam deals more damage than Final Nerd.
- Dr. John's Pill Buster is much stronger than John's X-Buster, which deals 2% more damage.
- Dr. John's Medical Kick has less horizontal range, and is weaker than John's Dragon Kick. But cannot execute into an uppercut.
- Dr. John's Jetpack can only control in 4 directions than John's Jetpack.
- Some of his attacks deals less damage.
- Dr. John has Hospital Twister as his newest down special, rather than Reverser Kick.
- Dr. John has a different down throw, which is similar to Mario's.
- Dr. John's victory poses and taunts are different.
- Dr. John's idle poses are different.
- Dr. John's shield is resistant than John's.
Victory theme as X - Mega Man X6
Dr. John's hair and stethoscope.
These stickers can be used by only Dr. John or a select few including Dr. John:
- Dr. Robo: [Arm] Attack +19
- Nurse Rosie: [Energy] Attack +11
- Special Pill: [Arm], [Leg] Attack +22
- Virus: Launch Resistance +15
- Nasty Virus: [Throwing] Attack +12
- Bacteria Thief: [Spin] Attack +8
- Virus Boss: Shield Recovery +10
Role In SSE
Colors & Costumes
- Insert One