Ridley is silhouetted in darkness, his eyes will glow as he steps forward, illuminating himself.
Neutral B - Ridley Fireball
Ridley shoots a fireball. If used in the air, it goes diagonally downwards, and makes a light explosion upon contact, which does no damage, but it stuns the opponent. If you use it in the ground, it bounces like Marios Fireball, but it bounces higher and is bigger. You can rapid-fire shoot them by pressing the b button repeatedly. This can be done up to 10 fireballs until he automatically stops shooting. It can be charged to be bigger and more damaging large fireball. Ridley can also hold this charge in his mouth by stopping it, like Lucario or Samus, and continue charging later. If used in the air, Ridley would shoot it diagonally downwards.
Side B - Air Raid
Ridley first boosts forwards, claws outstretched, then he rises into the air, doing a wing uppercut. If the opponent is hit, Ridley throws the enemy downward under him, similar to Lucas' Air Grab, and then may perform another aerial (inluding Air Raid). If they arent hit, Ridley goes into his Glide. If used in the air, he will fly backwards a little.
Up B - Wing Velocity
Ridley rises up very fast in the air, blasting a tunnel of wind in the direction he is facing, this will hit opponents and push them away as if hit by a powerful attack.
Down B - Mega Gust
Ridley gusts his wings forward, like he does in the fight against him in SSBB. Ridley can do this in the air, and on the ground. It works like F.L.U.D.D. and Water Gun, only it can't be charged, and it lasts for about 1 second. It blows the opponent back the same as F.L.U.D.D. and Water Gun when they're half charged. The initial Flap of Ridley's wings will cause some damage, and knock the opponent into the gust.
Final Smash - Ridley Finisher
Ridley first roars and jumps up to the sky on top of the screen in the center of the stage. Then fires a flaming beam, which can be angle the beam sideways during both the windup and the launchcontrolled, and leaves the small flames to the ground. The last hit stuns the opponent, and finally Ridley flies straight horizontal line to his stunned opponent, which deals gigh knockback.
Up: Ridley flaps his wings upwards, then let out a shriek
Sd: Ridley roars straight towards the opponent.
Dn: Ridley stomps to the ground, then again.
Victory 1: Ridley flies down, then let out with a roar
Victory 2: Swipes several times before stomping and shrieking at the same time
Victory 3: Ridley flies away with the Metroid baby inside on a capsule.
Lose/Clap: Claps to the winner
Classic Mode Win/Lose Pose
Congratulations/Game Over Pictures
Ridley (リドリー Ridorī?) is a high-ranking Space Pirate, the archenemy of Samus Aran, and one of the most common recurring characters in the Metroid series, appearing in every Metroid game except for Metroid II: Return of Samus, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and Metroid Prime Hunters. Ridley's appearance is considered similar to a skeletal dragon with glowing eyes. Ridley is known for being very defiant and persistent; though Samus has defeated him many times, he always manages to return and do battle with her, either through his healing abilities or robotic enhancements. As such, Ridley is fittingly referred to as the Cunning God of Death in his Zero Mission official art. Ridley is considered the main antagonist of the series, despite not typically acting as such in any individual games.
- AAA Combo- Claw swipe, second swipe, then turns around and attacks with a tail sweep. The animation of the swipes are identical to Smash Bros. Wii U
- Dash Attack- Ridley stretches his arm back and swipes forwards with his claw.
- Side- Slashes upwards with both of his claws.
- Up- Releases 8 fire bursts in an arc above himself with his mouth, similar to Samus' Up Smash.
- Down- Ridley swipes his tail in front of him.
- Side- Winds up his tail before stabbing.
- Up- Ridley spreads his wings out wide and smacks them together above his head.
- Down- Ridley spins around, attacking with his tail on both sides
- N-Air - Ridley swipes his claw forwards.
- F-Air - Ridley flips, and slams the opponent with his tail.
- B-Air - Ridley swipes his tail back quickly.
- U-Air - Upward swipe
- D-Air - Ridley sticks his tail straight down, and plummets.
- Grab- Grabs with his left claw
- Pummel- ???
- Forward- Ridley puts the opponent on the ground and scrapes their face under his talons.
- Back- Ridley tosses backwards, then swings his tail upwards.
- Up- Ridley scrapes the opponents face on the ground with his arm, then throws them upwards.
- Down- Ridley torches the opponent, then slams them into the ground, bouncing them up in front of himself.
- Ledge attack: ???
- 100% ledge attack: ???
- Front attack: ???
- Back attack: ???
- Trip attack: ???
Pros & Cons
Screw Attack logo
Ridley's head, upper jaw, and tail.
- Colonel: Snake! come in!
- Snake: I'm a little busy Colonel.
- Colonel: That's Ridley, Snake!
- Snake: The space Pirate General? What's he doing way out here?
- Colonel: Not sure, Ridley is responsible for countless acts of raids and deaths across the universe Snake, he isn't a foe to be taken lightly.
- Snake: Right, any objectives?
- Colonel: The objective is to survive soldier. Any objections?
- Snake: None here.
- Colonel: Good luck Snake
Role In SSE
Colors & Costumes
- Purple: Other M appearance
- Red: Super Metroid concept art
- Blue: Original Metroid appearance
- Green: Zero Mission artwork
- Black: Meta Ridley appearance
- Violet: Super Metroid In-game appearance
- White: Little Birdie
- Insert One